Friday, April 30, 2021

Two to go

It's Friday morning with two more treatments to go.  To tell you the truth, I am physically wiped out.  Trying my best to eat as much as I can.

I found that one thing that goes down pretty easily is rotisserie chicken.  Most would be agassed at seeing me eat it, since it is the bone meat that I like the best.  It's soft enough and slimy enough that it goes down with no effort.

I start by removing the two breast pieces and putting them in a ziplock bag, then I proceed to eat everything else.  With my fingers I tear every scrap of meat from the entire carcass until there is nothing left put a pile of bones.  Much like a scene from a medieval banquet.

Anything soft and smooth is the way to go.  Protein drinks and smoothies are OK, they just taste bad.  This morning, I made some softly scrambled eggs with very finely chopped ham and cheese.  That was pretty good.  I feel like I have the protein side of it covered.  I should see about taking a multi-vitamin, for the next few weeks until I can get my diet under control.

This last round of treatments changed things a bit.  My sinuses are perpetually clogged, so I can no longer breath through my nose.  Add to that the mucositis that stops the normal flow of mucos which results in dry mouth.  Now, when I wake up, the roof of my mouth feels like an old dried up river bed.  My sister, Mary, sent me some Aloe Vera juice which is really good, goes down easy, but I was hoping it would have some lasting effect of moisturizing the inside of my mouth.  It's very soothing while I sip on it.

I've tried a tablespoon of Olive Oil, swish it around in my mouth and swallow it.  That seems to work for about 30 minutes.  But, I'm thinking that if I swallowed a tablespoon of Olive Oil every 30 minutes, I'd being having other problems as well.  

The bottom line is that all of these symptoms will begin to clear themselves up in the next two weeks after treatment.  I just have to gut it out a little while longer.  At least I'll be home.

I can't wait to go into Rustic Pines Pub for a pizza, or maybe their Friday Fish Fry.  I might even stay for a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment